Kelly PM Controllers User Manual
PM Motor Speed Controller
Kelly PM programmable permanent magnet motor controllers provide efficient, smooth and quiet controls for electrical vehicles like golf cart, go-cart, electric motorcycle, scooter, fork lift, hybrid vehicle, as well as electric boat and industry motor speed control. Motor speed controller uses high power MOSFET, PWM to achieve efficiency 97% in most cases. Powerful microprocessor brings in comprehensive and precise control to brushed motor controllers. This programmable permanent magnet motor controller also allows users to set parameters, conduct tests, and obtain diagnostic information quickly and easily. Kelly PM full bridge or 4 quadrant motor controller provides fast and reliable electronic direction control.
No Reversing Contactor Needed
Fast Direction Change
High Reliability and Efficiency
Low noise, No arc, No wearing, No life limit
• Intelligence with powerful microprocessor.
• Synchronous rectification, ultra low drop, and fast PWM to achieve very high efficiency.
• Electronic reversing.
• Voltage monitoring on voltage source 12V and 5V.
• Current limit and torque control. Configurable torque mode and speed mode.
• Low EMC.
• LED fault code.
• Battery protection: current cutback, warning and shutdown at configurable high and low battery voltage.
• Rugged aluminum housing for maximum heat dissipation and harsh environment.
• Rugged high current terminals, and rugged aviation connectors for small signal.
• Thermal protection: current cut back, warning and shutdown on high temperature.
•Configurable high pedal protection: the controller will not work if high throttle is detected at power on.
• Brake switch is used to start regen.
• Support three modes of regenerative braking: brake switch regen, release throttle regen, 0-5V analog signal variable regen.
• PWMable Reverse Alarm.
• Brake Switch for regeneration.
• Analog Brake Input for continuous variable regeneration.
• Full Programmable with RS-232. Software upgradeable. Free Windows GUI software.
• Standard PC/Laptop computer to do programming. No special tools needed.
• User program provided. Easy to use. No cost to customers.
• No adjustment.
• Frequency of Operation: 16.6kHz.
• Standby Battery Current: < 0.5mA.
• 5V Sensor Supply Current: 40mA.
• Controller supply voltage range, PWR, 18V to 90V.
• Supply Current,PWR,150mA.
• Standard Throttle Input: 0-5 Volts. Producing 0-5V signal with 3-wire pot.
• Analog Brake and Throttle Input: 0-5 Volts.
• Reverse Alarm, Main Contactor Coil Driver, Meter.
• Full Power Temperature Range: 0℃ to 50℃ (controller case temperature).
• Operating Temperature Range: -30℃ to 90℃ , 100℃ shutdown (controller case temperature).
• Motor Current Limit, 1 minutes: 300A.
• Motor Current Limit, continuous: 120A.
• Max Battery Current :Configurable.
Optional Stick Shift Throttle Firmware