Cannot open Program & stuck on identification angle

Home Forums Support Cannot open Program & stuck on identification angle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Franco
    Participant

I was able to open the program just fine last week, then for a second time I changed the identification angle to 170 because I was trying to troubleshoot some other issues (big mistake, I know). I turned everything off before letting the identification angle procedure finish.
    Now the motor seems to be stuck in the identification angle procedure and I can no longer open the program.

I tried opening the program after disconnecting everything except for the controller from the battery, still no luck.

I also tried changing the Com Port on my laptop to “1” and since I have Windows 10 I changed the compatibility mode to “Windows XP Service Pack 3” and I still could not open the program!

Anyone have any suggestions??

Michael Beglinger
    Participant

About the only thing I can think of is to power up the controller and let it finish the angle identification procedure. If that’s successful power it off and back on and try to reconnect with the last known functional communications settings.

I’m running Windows 10 Home Edition on a PC. I installed the VCP drivers from ftdichip and I can usually open the KMC user app normally (w/o compatibility mode). Windows Device Manager shows it as “USB Serial Converter”. Sometimes I get an error when attempting to connect and when that happens I try various combinations of removing and inserting USB cable, powering controller off then on and closing and opening the KMC user app.

Franco
    Participant

Tried powering it up again and for about 10 min the motor just kept jerking and making something like a banging and ticking clock noise (i assume its the identification angle trying to re config itself). Eventually i just turned it off. I don’t know what to do.

Michael Beglinger
    Participant

Is the motor mechanically disconnected so it’s able to spin freely? Also have you verified the hall sensors are working? If yes to both questions then all I can think of is the controller may not be providing enough current during the angle detection sequence to move the rotor into the correct position.

Does your motor get warm after 10 minutes of angle detection? If not, verify your battery is fully charged. I had the opposite problem with my setup as the motor got hot from just one angle detection sequence at the nominal battery voltage.

For what it’s worth, I can connect to my KLS6018N controller with the KMC user app during the angle detection sequence. I don’t know if your controller is the same in that regard. One thing that’s different between our controllers is that mine gives up on the angle detection sequence after trying 6 positions, regardless if it’s successful or not.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.